Calling all poets! April is National Poetry Writing Month — NaPoWriMo for short. Modeled after National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), NaPoWriMo is an annual project encouraging poets to write one poem each day in April. Source
Will I be able to write a poem everyday for thirty days…I’m not so sure…but I would like to give it a try.
I’ll be taking a class this summer on learning the fundamentals of poetry…so this could be considered excellent practice for me…opening my mind to the idea of poetry.
I’m not a poet-so what evs..right???-
simplicity of routine- creature of habit
resistant to change- stuck in my ways
burdensome repetition-complacent in the predictable
Yearning for excitement-gasping for air
loosening the choke-seeking an escape
understand the restlessness-release the passion
cap the brooding- drench the melancholy
Round-round-round-the sensations travel-
always returning to the simplicity of routine
That was actually kind of neat…freeing in a way…to let your thoughts wander!
- NaPoWriMo (maggiemendus.wordpress.com)
- 30 Poems, 30 Days: NaPoWriMo Has Begun (nadiajwriter.com)
- 30 Poems, 30 Days: NaPoWriMo Has Begun – (atlantahomestore.wordpress.com)
- 30 Poems, 30 Days: NaPoWriMo Has Begun (joshuakelly86.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo (poeticallyversed.wordpress.com)